With thousands of tech-forward resources to help you prepare for board exams like USMLE® Step 1 and Step 2 (CK) and COMLEX, it’s difficult to figure out which is best. Medical student, Bart Rzepa joined us to share three tools available for FREE to take your studying to new levels of efficiency.
Looking for a quick summary of these FREE medical student study tools? We’ve listed the tools below:
3 FREE Board Study Tools for Medical Students
TOOL 1: Picmonic Anki Add-On
Chances are, as a medical student you’re already familiar with the power of Anki Flashcards. And, with the Picmonic Anki Add-On, you can now take studying with Anki to the next level. The Picmonic Anki Add-On offers a direct integration between Anki and Picmonic giving you instantaneous access to Picmonic thumbnail images, explanations, high-yield fact lists, and videos and quizzes for any Anki flashcard you’re studying.
TOOL 2: 3D Atlases
One of the biggest challenges for students starting med school is translating a 2D, nicely colored atlas into real life. Nothing in the human body is colored like it is in the atlases, and understanding positional relationships out of a textbook can be quite challenging. Digital Atlases are a direct fix for this. There are a variety of 3D atlases available via Apps and YouTube videos. These allow you to visualize the human body in a three-dimensional aspect.
TOOL 3: Question Banks
Question Banks (commonly known as “Q-Banks”) like UWorld, Kaplan, Lecturio, NBMEs, USMLE Rx, NBME Free 120 offer medical students the opportunity to review board-style questions for FREE. Most simulate the exact (or close to exact) format of USMLE Step 1 questions in style and length. These are an incredible repository of knowledge.
Webinar Resources At the Click of a Mouse 🖱️
And, just because we like to be helpful, here are links to some of the resources shared during the webinar:
- Learn More About the Picmonic Anki Add-On
- How to Add the Picmonic Anki Add-On
- Why Do Students Use Picmonic and SketchyMedicine?
- Med Student Tips: Picmonic for Medicine vs SketchyMedical
- Download the 6 Months to Step Workbook
- How Long Should I Study for USMLE Step 1?
- Why Med Students “Fail” USMLE Step 1 Exam (And How to Make Sure You Pass The First Time) [Updated for 2021]
- Student-to-Student: Best Study Resources for USMLE Step 2 CK
- 7 Tips to Strengthen Your Residency Application as an International Medical Graduate in 2021
Download our mobile app and take Picmonic on the go!