While in Physician Assistant School, Joe Hwang set four powerlifting world records during his clinical year and earned a 4.0 in his didactic year, all while getting to bed before 11 pm every night! Joe recently shared the most important tools and tips from his time during school, including study tips, meal prep, and exercise.
Looking for a quick summary of his three steps for studying in PA school? We’ve listed them below:
3 Steps to Prepare for Lectures in Physician Assistant School
STEP 1: Before the Lecture
- Skim PPT/objectives/Picmonics
STEP 2: During the Lecture
- Pay attention
- Pull up Picmonic during the lecture
STEP 3: After the Lecture
- Use Spaced Repetition – KEEP YOUR FLASHCARDS SIMPLE!!!
- Talk through objectives with classmates
- Google docs question bank!
🖱️ Resources to Prepare for the PANCE & PANRE at the Click of a Mouse
And, just because we like to be helpful, here are a few resources for studying in Physician Assistant school:
- 12 Weeks to PANCE Workbook & Study Planner Digital Download
- Dos and Don’ts When Studying and Preparing for the PANCE in 2021
- PA Students: Passing the PANCE [Updated for 2021]
- Top Physician Assistant Student Resources & Experts for 2021
- How Soon Should You Plan for the PANRE?
Download our mobile app and take Picmonic on the go!